Sunday, May 21, 2006

Advice

The other day, I was down. I had a crap load of pointless teenage problems - I think a lot of people get these as I can put it down to hormones and overthinking things - the hormones make every little attraction you have consume you, and overthinking means that all the small little problems are pushed quite out of proportion, so you end up upset about many little things that are pissing you off (and thus emo is born ;D).

So I'm complaining about things and whining to people on MSN (as I do, I never phone people)...copy and pasting the same rants into lots of different windows in an attempt to get sympathy, conversation...whatever, and one of my friends perks up (I'm toolej, he's Alex):

Points to note: My emotastic name


[20:16:38] toolej / overconsidered and forced, my constructed attitude crumbles to pieces.: I'm a fucking loser atm, I'm pathetic, useless
[20:16:52] Alex - E3 WOOT :): when kids starve to death in africa etc etc i dont hold much sympathy
[20:17:46] Alex - E3 WOOT :): ur just a slightly confused teen with raging hormones it would seem

*BAM*
This is advice that a lot of people have been saying for a long time,
to a lot of people, yet you trap yourself in a little hole of self pity - it is selfpromoting, you feel sorry for yourself, you think about problems some more...it just takes getting the fuck up, cheering up, and putting your mind on something else.

Sure, there will always be genuine recurring social problems that are real issues and I should probably do something about (see last post), but sitting on MSN/LJ/Myspace trying to get sympathy from people is like sitting in a burning house waiting for the water to fly through the air and put it out. It ain't going to happen.

I also learned that chicks don't seem to dig "whiney emotional wrecks".

<3

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home